210 North Main Ave | Warroad, MN
Patient and Visitor Resources
It is very important to us at LifeCare that patients and visitors feel comfortable and welcomed in our facilities. In addition to providing quality medical attention, we want our customers to receive the level of customer service they deserve. If you have any questions or cannot find the department or information that you are looking for, ask a LifeCare Medical Center staff member or volunteer, we will be glad to assist you.
Cellular telephones are not permitted in designated patient care areas of the hospital. Your cell phone may be used in non-posted LifeCare facility areas.
Coffee and Gift Shop
The Neighborhood Nook Coffee and Gift Shop is available to patients, visitors, and staff. It provides a wide variety of snacks, beverages, soups, and sandwiches along with a nice collection of gift items. The “Nook” is staffed by volunteers and operates Monday – Friday with posted hours. The Gift Shop is located just around the corner from the hospital admitting desk.
Flowers are locally delivered,Monday through Friday, to LifeCare in Roseau. Please keep in mind that large plants and flowers are difficult to deliver and remove upon discharge.
In order to protect our patients, families, and employees who are sensitive to latex, we do not allow latex (rubber) balloons in our facilities. Mylar (foil) balloons are an acceptable alternative.
Public transportation is available throughout Roseau and Lake of the Woods counties through Paul Banyan Transit Bus Service. They have two daily routes to Warroad, Badger and Greenbush. Call their dispatch at 463-3238, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday to schedule a ride. To purchase bus passes either contact a driver or call Karey at 463-3232, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For more information, visit www.paulbanyantransit.com.
VISITORS CAN BE GOOD MEDICINE FOR PATIENTS AND RESIDENTS.
- Visitors are welcome at anytime at our Nursing Homes
- General hospital visiting hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Birthing Area visiting hours are from 12:00 noon to 8:30 p.m., though fathers of newborns are welcome anytime
GENERAL VISITOR GUIDELINES
- Children are to be directly supervised while in the building.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere on LifeCare campuses.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients or residents.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Family rooms, a surgical waiting area and a meditation room are also available for family and friends of hospital patients.
LifeCare Medical Center is committed to meeting the spiritual needs of all who seek care. We recognize that spiritual care and religious resources are integral dimensions of healing and health. Spirituality helps to bridge the gap connecting the body to the mind and spirit.
We believe that spiritual care is focused on compassion which honors personal and religious beliefs. Our LifeCare social workers would be happy to assist you in finding the spiritual care you need.
CaringBridge is a free, not-for-profit, easy-to-use Internet service developed to keep friends and family informed during important life events, including medical treatment, childbirth, rehabilitation, adoption, and end-of-life care.
By visiting www.caringbridge.org, patients and their families can easily create a secure CaringBridge website and sign-in at any time to post journal entries and photographs for their circle of family and friends. The service allows the family to easily update everyone and still be able to focus their energies on the loved one who requires healing.
Visitors, who are provided the personal website address and password, can read updates and post their messages of support and encouragement to the family.
St. Luke’s Foundation is proud to be a sponsor of this service.