Convenient Medical Care for Non-Emergency Patients
We all have busy schedules. Likewise, clinic hours don’t always match the timing of minor illnesses or injuries. At LifeCare Medical Center we understand this. That’s why we’re pleased to offer Convenience Care — urgent after-hours medical attention to you and your family for non-life threatening medical conditions. Convenience Care is provided by the LifeCare Emergency Department. All physicians, mid-level practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, lab and x-ray professionals work in cooperation to make sure that you receive the appropriate care.
The excellent personal care and attention you receive through your clinic or emergency department are available through Convenience Care on evenings and weekends.
This service provides a cost effective alternative to Emergency Care for non-emergency injuries and illnesses, some of which include:
- persistent coughs
- small cuts or lacerations
- possible sprains
- pulled muscles
- ear aches
- nausea or diarrhea
- sore throats
- mild infections
- cold and flu symptoms
This service is not intended to replace visits with your regular healthcare provider. To see your regular provider, please contact the Altru Clinic in Roseau, Warroad, or Greenbush.
Facts about Convenience Care
- No appointment is necessary.
- Patients enter the hospital through the main entrance and our staff will help determine if their needs meet the Convenience Care guidelines.
- Emergency situations are always given priority.
- Most insurances will cover a Convenience Care visit similar to an Emergency Department visit, however a Convenience Care visit is priced lower than a visit to the Emergency Department.
Convenience Care Hours:
- Monday – Friday, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Holidays usually, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., call ahead to confirm hours