As your “health family,” we want you to know we are here for you!
We recognize the stress and anxiety that this outbreak of COVID-19 is creating for many. We know many of you are now working from home, may have kids home from school, and are adjusting to a new “normal” at home.
Social distancing can complicate some of the things we normally do to stay healthy. Here are a few no cost/low cost resources to help you and your family stay healthy during this time. Please be aware that some of the apps are free for only a certain number of months and then you may be charged after the free trial if you do not cancel.
Stay safe and healthy!
Contributor: Paula Hedlund, RN, LifeCare Wellness Coordinator
- A list of free workout apps is here: https://mma.marshmma.com/e/644133/ing-coronavirus-184514493-html/jzntm/190803520?h=1UdgLfht_wcqi0KpSv0MlTJC-FIAg1XACK96dl9GPmo
- Peloton is making their digital app free for 90 days and you don’t have to have a Peloton to use it. Not only do they offer bike and treadmill classes, but they offer outdoor walking/running classes, strength, yoga and meditation: https://www.onepeloton.com/app
- There are several free mental health apps available: https://mma.marshmma.com/e/644133/op-10-free-mental-health-apps-/jzntw/190803520?h=1UdgLfht_wcqi0KpSv0MlTJC-FIAg1XACK96dl9GPmo
- Several point solutions offer versions of their products at no cost (Headspace, Whil)
- Link to strategies to managing anxiety associated with COVID-19 https://www.virusanxiety.com/
- Minnesota Department of Health: https://www.health.state.mn.us/communities/ep/behavioral/stress_covid19.pdf
- NAMI-National Alliance on Mental Illness COVID 19 Resource Guide: https://www.nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf?lang=en-US
Kids/Learning at Home:
- Scholastic Book Company offers learning at home, by age group: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- XO-LP is providing free coloring sheets: https://xo-lp.com/printable
- Strategies for eating while working at home are shared in this article from Bon Appetit: https://mma.marshmma.com/e/644133/king-from-home-eating-strategy/jznvc/190803520?h=1UdgLfht_wcqi0KpSv0MlTJC-FIAg1XACK96dl9GPmo
- Ideas for healthy snacks for energy and productivity are here from Healthline: https://mma.marshmma.com/e/644133/rition-healthy-snacks-for-work/jznvf/190803520?h=1UdgLfht_wcqi0KpSv0MlTJC-FIAg1XACK96dl9GPmo
- See the following link for recommendation from Cornell University regarding ergonomics at home: https://mma.marshmma.com/e/644133/ErgoTips2013-index-html/jznvh/190803520?h=1UdgLfht_wcqi0KpSv0MlTJC-FIAg1XACK96dl9GPmo