We will begin offering Booster and 3rd dose Pfizer vaccines SOON.
LifeCare Medical Center follows the guidelines and priority phases for vaccine administration as defined by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC).
In compliance with these sources, LifeCare Public Health will be offering booster/3rd dose vaccinations to those who meet the criteria. The following groups should get a booster dose of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after the second Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
• People 65 years and older
• Residents in long-term care residences
• People ages 50 through 64 with certain underlying medical conditions
The following groups may get a booster of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at least 6 months after the second Pfizer dose, if the personal benefits for them outweigh the personal risks:
• People ages 18-40 who are at risk for severe COVID-19 due to certain underlying medical conditions
• People ages 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of where they live or work
• Boosters can only be given to those who received Pfizer BioNTech as their primary series.
• Boosters cannot be given to anyone under the age of 18.
• When coming for the booster vaccine, please bring your COVID-19 vaccination card.
• A 15-minute observation period is required after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Those who have questions related to the COVID-19 vaccine and getting tested for COVID-19, can find more information on LifeCare Medical Center’s website: Covid-19.