BLS Instructor Training Course
For all active health care providers who are current in American Heart Association Basic Life Support skills and want to teach and promote life-saving CPR skills to staff and community.
- Learn how to teach based on AHA curriculum
- Facilitate student acquisition of the necessary skills as a prerequisite to AHA BLS certification
- Utilize student assessment sheet as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills
- Recite American Heart Association expectations and workflows
- Apply resources as it relates to material and testing
TRAINING CENTER ALIGNMENT
To identify a Training Center signifies your paperwork will be processed and maintained by that entity. The Training Center is responsible to the instructors with continuing education, processing of course roster/cards, equipment, and required record keeping.
Instructors are able to teach at any location provided rosters are submitted to the primary Training Center for proper documentation.
BLS Instructor Manual
Item No.: NW15-1009 Price: $36.25
BLS Instructor PACKAGE—includes DVD
Item No.: NW15-1012 Price:
Please check the websites listed below for the latest update on product availability and pricing.
Laerdal, www.laerdal.com | 1-888-523-7325
Channing Bete, www.channingbete.com | 1-800-611-6083
If you have questions regarding these course s please call 218-463-4728 for further information.
New Instructor Course
Saturday, March 11th, 2017
- Copy of current BLS Provider Card
- Purchase the BLS Instructor Manual or Package and the BLS Student workbook
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application
- Complete the Core Instructor Course—contact Heidi Lien for more information
- LifeCare Employees contact Heidi Lien for pre-requisite materials.
Friday, March 10th, 2017
- Copy of current BLS Provider Card if you do not have, you will take the written test and skills test in class
- Copy of current BLS Instructor Card
- Instructor must have taught 4 BLS or Heartsaver Courses in the previous 2 years prior to their instructor card expiration. Please bring copies of these 4 class rosters to Fridays session
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION STATEMENT
We serve the right to cancel this course in the event of inclement weather conditions, low enrollment, and instructor availability.
American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials do not represent income to the Association.
An administrative fee of $25.00 will be incurred if you cancel less than 7 days prior to class date or if you are absent.